It’s January 1st, and we made resolutions; it’s the cool kid thing to do. Some of these are real. Some of these are fake. Some of these are probably a mixture of both. Have a good New Year!
Julie Bethlenfalvy (Writer): In 2013, I’d like to find someone to invent something to improve my short-term memory. I don’t have one. I’m like the guy from Memento, but I can’t tattoo everything I forget on my body. I’d be completely covered in mundane ludicrous things like, “Feed the pug,” “your blog is due Wednesday,” “you have plans with so and so on Friday,” “turn off the lights,” “buy bananas,” etc.
Colleen Kiphart (Writer): I make New Year’s resolutions like I bake cookies – many at once and not for myself.
Oh sure, I say I’m going to eat vegetarian at least twice each week. In reality, on our honeymoon I saw a goat killed and later on I ordered that goat at a restaurant and sucked the marrow from his bones. He was delicious. I regret nothing. I hate goats. Unless I’m eating them. Then I apparently love them.
But this year, I’ll do it (And, because I cook for him, I’ll drag Mike into it with me! Two people doing it, that’s gotta count for this year and last year.).
Rob Allyn (Entertainment Guru):
1. Continue on my path to being a better person, boyfriend, father figure, brother, friend, and son. “Be excellent to each other.”
2. Actually write a novel. Maybe even write it on a typewriter…or maybe not. Worry about getting it published afterwards. (Also, start writing scripts again.)
3. Actually get into shape. I mean, like healthy and ripped. Like realistic, movie universe, superhero ripped.
4. Work harder with my fellow “shipmates” to make The Cool Ship even more successful. And finally do podcasts.
5. Work with TJ Johnston to finally make DDSys a legit thing. Maybe even make his vampire musical a legit thing too.
6. Learn sign language and stained glass crafting.
7. Draw, paint, design, create more. Just be more artistic.
8. Steal a TARDIS. Become The Doctor. Be brilliant.
John Calhoun (Captain of the ship):
I usually don’t do resolutions. New Year’s just so happens to coincide with my birthday so every January 1 is kind of a mixed bag.
TJ Johnston (Lord of Content):
I don’t generally make resolutions because I tend to fail at them, but my determinations this year are pretty simple.
1.) Finish my novel
2.) Design a board game/RPG
3. Keep trying to turn The Cool Ship into something more than it currently is
4.) Hope that I can become either a wizard, viking, or superhero
Boom. Done. Happy New Year.