Ben & Jerry’s recently announced their newest flavor, “Scotchy Scotch Scotch,” a product tie-in for the Anchorman sequel, Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues. It’s an interesting, if not perfect, idea for a movie tie-in. Maybe it’s because I’m a bit of an ice cream addict, but I do think it’s a pretty smart idea. You take a movie that is expected to be a hit and/or already has a huge fan base and have the best ice cream makers in the world, Ben & Jerry’s, create an ice cream flavor themed after the movie. It’s brilliant!
Ever since Ben & Jerry’s announcement, I’ve been thinking of other possible movies and their corresponding ice cream flavors:
1. Thor: The Dark World – The Dark Swirl – Dark chocolate ice cream, swirls of caramel, and little cookie Mjolnirs.
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier – Super Soldier Sundae – Vanilla Bean ice cream, ribbons of Blueberry and Strawberry syrup, and little Chocolate stars.
3. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire – Katniss Krunch – French Vanilla ice cream with crunchy, Mockingjay-shaped cinnamon cookies.
4. The Amazing Spiderman 2 – Shockingly Amazing – Electric blueberry frozen yogurt with rhino-shaped cookies and chocolate webs.
5. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – Cowabunga Cream – Mint Ice cream with chocolate chips shaped like katanas, nunchucks, sais, and bo staffs, swirled with green ooze (Peppermint).
6. 50 Shades of Grey – 50 Shades of Yumm– Gray-colored Vanilla ice cream with chocolate covered graham cracker whips and handcuffs.
Those are just a few ideas I’ve had. They’re really not that easy to think up. What are some delicious combinations you’ve thought up?